The notaries of the Klaipeda First Notary’s Office perform the following notarial acts:
- Authentication of transactions
- Certification of authenticity of a signature in documents
- Issuance of certificates of inheritance right, preparation of European certificates of succession
- Issuance of certificates attesting to the ownership right of a share to a common estate of the spouses
- Approval of documents by certificate (Apostille)
- Transfer of statements of legal and natural persons to other legal and natural persons
- Certification of authenticity of transcripts of document and extracts thereof
- Acceptance of monetary amounts into depository account
- Drawing up or approval of documents regarding the correctness of data provided to the Register of Legal Entities
- Verification of the compliance of incorporation documents of a legal person with the statutory requirements
- Verification of bills of exchange
- Protesting of bills of exchange and checks
- Making of executive records in protested or unprotested bills of exchange and checks
- Making of executive records according to notarised transactions resulting in monetary obligations
- Making of executive records on enforced debt recovery at the request of mortgage (pledge) creditor
- Acceptance of wills treated as official wills and of private wills for storage
- Certification of a fact that a natural person is alive and in a particular place
- Approval of a time of document submission
- Attestation of written testimony of a witness
- Acceptance of sea protests
- Attestation of preliminary instructions
- Attestation of agreements on assistance in making decisions
- Other notarial acts provided for in the laws
Issuance of certificates of inheritance right, preparation of European certificates of succession
Certificate of inheritance right is an official document verifying the fact of inheritance acceptance and the right to inheritance.
The certificate of inheritance right is issued when the heirs of the deceased, by law, by a will or summoned to inherit, refer to the notary of the place of the opening of inheritance (territory covered by Klaipėda First Notary Office) by signing the statement about the acceptance of inheritance and application to issue the certificate of inheritance right.
The heirs must perform these actions within 3 (three) months form the date of opening of inheritances (i.e. the date of the death of the person whose succession is involved). One certificate of inheritance right can be issued to all heirs, or to each individually taking into consideration their requests.
After inheriting immovable property, certificates of inheritance right confirming the ownership right of the heirs to inherited estate are transferred by the Notary Office to the territorial registrar of the State Enterprise Centre of Registers by means of remote communication. The clients no longer need to go to State Enterprise Centre of Registers.
European certificate of succession is a standard certificate proving legal status and/or rights of heirs, legatees, executors of wills and administrators of the estate. European certificate of succession shall have legal consequences in all Member States of the European Union without any special recognition or publication procedure being required.